Pantera is an exclusive tire brand of the Sentury Tire and Tire Alliance Group, primarily focusing on the Touring and Sports category. Pantera designs and produces high-performance tires at cost-effective prices. It is a great budget option for the price conscious shopper. The Tire Alliance Group is the exclusive distributor of Pantera Tires.
At present, Pantera tires are good for a wide range of vehicles, including sedans, SUVs, and minivans. For people driving long distances in varied weather conditions, Pantera tires can give an amazing performance and ensure effective safety.
What are Pantera Tires?
While choosing a tire, there are several aspects one should look at and not just the tire quality or its mileage. There are aspects like the sidewall thickness, ability to handle rough roads, weather extremities, and so on.
Since Pantera tires are specifically built to give better performance and handle different types of weather, you can only expect them to take you through the icy, windy roads without causing too much stress and loss of control.
Besides personally reviewing the tires, we also try to get in a conversation with our clients and customers asking them about the tire performance and reviews. The majority of the customers we talked to were in praises of Pantera tires, with everyone applauding their ability to provide a smooth riding experience.
Another aspect where these tires are known to perform is cost-efficiency. Often the customers who have bought the tires initially convinced other people in the family to get the same, as they liked their performance.
Pantera tires offer a low-noise operation leading to an amazing result. The majority of the people who have earlier used these tires would like to repurchase them. Not just due to the lower price and low noise, but also their smoothness and longevity.
Top 5 Best Pantera Tires Reviewed
- Touring A/S
- Pantera Sport A/S
- Pantera Supertrac A/T
- Pantera Touring CUV A/S
- Pantera Supertrac M/T
Touring A/S is primarily a fuel-saving tire built with an aim to provide you with the best ride experience. The tire tread design has a special build meant to reduce the rolling resistance and help you enjoy a stable and comfortable ride on different types of road surfaces.
The groove design successfully channels the water from under the tire, ensuring higher stability even on wet roads. You will find solid ribs in the middle of the tire to provide it with higher strength and resistance to rough roads.
- Special treads are inbuilt to provide better fuel efficiency.
- Better traction with the road and lower rolling resistance also leads to less fuel emissions.
- Integrated tire shoulder secures the tread blocks and protects the tire from irregular wear, leading to longer tire life.
- Designed to ensure improved stability during high-speed cornering.
- Even though the tire is good for icy and windy roads, it is not equally efficient for cars that move on harsh roads on a daily basis.
Pantera Sport A/S
If you are looking for an all-season tire that has fuel-saving abilities, the Pantera Sport A/S is the one you need. Not only does it provide a fuel-saving operation, but the lower purchase cost is also combined with a smooth ride experience and minimal noise.
As a high-performance tire, the Sport A/S comes with a 45,000-mile company warranty. The Pantera Sport A/S will let you ride comfortably on wet roads with an enhanced hydroplaning resistance gifted by the extra sipes and grooves.
- The tires width in terms of tread pitch is optimized, and its unique alignment shuns the noise, even at higher speeds.
- Built with lateral and longitudinal grooves, you can expect the Pantera Sport A/S to give better control.
- The tire treads are added with Silica, which helps build higher traction on wet roads, rolling resistance, and the ability to drive safely in cold weather.
- The mileage is less than the same tires in this category, but what it compromises in mileage, the same is fulfilled with the lower costs.
Pantera Supertrac A/T
Another one of the all-season tires by Pantera, the Supertrac boasts a low-profile structure and offers a robust on and off-road driving experience. The 45,000 mileage warranty given by the company makes it a good tire in this category and price. Due to its shoulder shape, driving and turning on wet or dry roads is easier and safer.
As an all-season tire, the Pantera Supertrac A/T is one of the best tires to have if your driving routine includes going through all sorts of road surfaces. For those who love to explore the world on their four wheels, must have a look at this tire to get the best performance and safety.
- The five-pattern block design is specifically built to channel water through the tire and reduce the noise in different kinds of roads.
- To ensure better comfort and stability, the Supertrac A/T has special cutting corners on the tire border.
- Another way this tire keeps the noise in check is the zig-zag pattern built on the middle of the tire.
- The bench-shoulder shape on the tire is an effective addition that helps to grasp the road surface and enhance the vehicle’s stability while cutting tight corners.
- It tends to lose on the mileage if the vehicle is treading the rough paths on a daily basis.
Pantera Touring CUV A/S
Another one of the all-season tires, the Pantera Touring, is specifically built for the highways and dry roads. It provides top-notch stability on dry roads with enhanced stability and better tread design, not to mention the good aesthetics.
You can use this tire on tour SUV or crossover, but it is not a conducive tire for minivans. The total mileage you can expect to get from the tire is 60,000 miles. You will find that the Touring CUV A/S has large shoulders in terms of driving experience, which further means that it will have better stability and turning efficiency.
- The tire has four broad vertical grooves that accelerate the water evacuation giving you a smooth ride with better control on wet surfaces.
- A continuous rib in the center ensures that the tire gives you more stability paving the way for a high-performance tire.
- Due to the large and extended shoulders, you can drive with higher stability and effective cornering.
- Since it is an all-season tire, the Touring CUV A/S can wear out quickly in too hot or too cold weather.
Pantera Supertrac M/T
Pantera’s Supertrac M/T is one of its kind tires meant for off-roading and provides an amazing driving experience plus safety in extremely rough roads. With the staggered and stepped-oriented treads, an open-shouldered design, and an effective upper sidewall design, the tire will give a better grip of the road.
Off-road driving also means that there will be a lot of stones, which are not good for the tire’s safety. To combat this, the Pantera Supertrac M/T has an optimized footprint meant to resist the stones from getting stuck in the treads.
- An optimal rubber and void ratio on the tire tread is effective for cleaning the dirt, which is essential while driving on rough roads.
- It has three tough layers of polyester cord fabric and high-strength steel located in the sidewall that guards the tire from stone and debris-based puncture.
- Both lateral and longitudinal groove design provides a better drainage system giving rise to better braking.
- While driving off the road in icy conditions, the tire tread can get hardened, reducing tread resistance to stones and the grip.
Our Overall Rating on Pantera Tires
Cumulatively, we would like to give Pantera tires their due credit. Apart from some systemic and manufacturing issues, we have not found or come across too major a problem with Pantera tires.
Moreover, the tire’s performance and safety is not affected by the tire, but a lot of other conditions also affect its performance. We have taken care of these aspects while trying to understand Pantera tires.
Reputable Company and Customer Service
Pantera may not be a household name, but the company produces these tires, Sentury Tires, and marketed by another global brand, the TAG group. This means that this tire company is an integral part of an authentic organization. Working with an aim to establish a new standard in passenger tires, we can say that Pantera is on track to deliver the best performance for passenger tires and bring the best benefits to the customers.
As we have seen above, its tires are built to withstand all sorts of road conditions and weather; Pantera provides us with durable and stability-providing tires for moving on the road safely.
Pantera is an exclusive tire brand coming from the House of Sentury Tires in association with the TAG. With two developed and authority organizations working together, we can only expect to get a tire that has been built with an adept manufacturing process.
The tires are manufactured with the latest standards, technologies, and systems to ensure that the customers get the highest quality of tires at an affordable price. For producing the tires, the Sentury Group has received an ISO certification. At every level of the manufacturing process, from research to development, logistics, production, and everything in between.
Ease of Use
Four out of the seven Pantera tires are all-season tires, and they are built to provide seamless performance in every season and under different weather conditions. All these tires are included in the S and T category of tires, which are known to provide incredible traction and grip giving better mileage in all types of weather conditions.
Another area where Pantera tires are known to provide effective ease of use is the lifespan. You can easily expect your Pantera tires to run for 3 to 4 years. Having said that, a tire’s lifespan and performance is also dependent on the driving efficiency and method. But with Pantera tires reinforced sidewalls, thick central ribs, and extended shadow, the all-season tires can stand tough roads comfortably.
The Pantera sports tires are built with a rubber that has high amounts of Silica. More Silica in rubber makes it stronger and durable. When silica is added to rubber, the tire manufacturers and engineers can mold it to reduce the rolling resistance. Less rolling resistance implies a higher grip, which ultimately makes for easy braking and gives you more stability while driving.
In a nutshell, Pantera tires, except for some nicks and knacks here and there, are safe and high-performance tires built to last longer and give you that extra mileage. While exploring the tires and asking our clients about the same, these tires give equally good performance when they are driven on tough and rough roads, as they would give on dry roads.
They are durable, provide better stability to the vehicle, and with extra grip and traction, braking also becomes more efficient. Most of the people we asked whether they will buy Pantera tires again or not, most of them replied in a resounding yes.
How Does Primewell Tires Compare Against Competitors?
Pantera Tires vs. Michelin
When it comes to comparing tires, the general discourse is to compare their mileage, lifespan, and a few other things, which are important but do not provide the complete information. While comparing the two tire brands, we were expecting Michelin to take the lead easily. Still, for comparison’s sake, we found that Michelin has a much greater variety of tires than Pantera.
Pantera tires are primarily built to work well with sports cars, SUVs, and some types of minivan. However, Michelin has the perfect type of tire for every car, brand, driving type, season, and road conditions.
So you will surely get better variety and performance there. However, when it comes to the price, the Michelin tires are costlier than Pantera, but the Michelin tires also provide better mileage and higher performance.
Pantera vs. Continental
Continental tires are meant for vehicles that run on all sorts of terrains, as opposed to Pantera tires, which have a limited ability to drive smoothly on all the terrains. But, in justification of Pantera, it is a growing company, and it might take time for them to bring a tire for every type of road, condition, and car. In general, the Continental tires are built for long drives.
Two aspects where the Pantera tires are known to overtake Continental are price and eco-friendliness. Continental tires are not eco-friendly to a level that we have seen with Pantera tires.
The Bottom Line
In the end, it would be safe to say that if you are looking for an affordable tire that gives you the freedom to drive on different kinds of roads, Pantera tires are good to go. In addition to this, these tires provide superior performance in terms of sports and off-roading.
Because most of their tires are meant for sports cars, SUVs, and off-roading machines, Pantera tires are yet to shine in the category of general tires.